PDA

View Full Version : booster for heavy 4 year old

Jennifer
10-12-2002, 01:19 PM
My daughter is just over 80 lbs. and has outgrown her booster seat. Are there any recommendations for a replacement seat that will be roomy (wide base) and accomodate her size, she is 45" tall and weighs 82 lbs.
Thanks
Jennifer

tobymc
10-14-2002, 10:56 AM
There are a few boosters that go up to 100 pounds. The Britax Roadster and the Jupiter Komfort Kruiser come to mind. I think that the Cosco Summit/Safety 1st Vantage point also does. I'd go with one of those first two boosters, which are "dedicated" boosters (don't include a harness for use up to 40 pounds).

The best thing would be to try your daughter in both. This may not be possible. Both are pretty wide in the base, at least as wide as any boosters. The Roadster has a detachable back that basically only goes up to 65 pounds, or until the child is too tall for it (it is rather short). The KK back does not detach, making the seat taller and bulkier in your car. But it also has a wide base and is quite comfortable (according to my child testers).

It is also possible that the Cosco High Rise goes up to 100 pounds, but I don't think it is going to be wide enough.