PDA

View Full Version : Graco Turbo Booster

Jennifer
10-17-2002, 09:20 PM
Does anyone have any information or experience with this newer booster from Graco? I am interested because my child has outgrown her current booster and the Turbo goes up to 100 lbs.
Thanks!
Jennifer

tobymc
10-18-2002, 07:42 AM
I have not used it with kids yet, but it looks good. It is wider than the SR/C (16" vs. the ultra narrow 13" of the SR/C). I think the SR/C is a bit deeper in the seating area, which is a tad better for older kids. But overall, they are VERY similar and the Turbo is getting great reviews from parents.

I assume that your child is at least 3-4 years old. Perhaps has been in a combo seat turned booster?

Another tip - ask your child what he/she would like. Kids sometimes face peer pressure with booster use, and kids who are excited about their booster that they picked out themselves have an easier time.

Bernie
10-22-2002, 05:56 PM
My cousin purchased it for her 5 year old (4' tall and 60 lbs). He had outgrown (height wise) his other booster and was also too wide for it. She purchased just the seat portion and is very happy with it. Her son also likes the fact he looks like a "big boy" w/o the back of the booster showing. Incidentally, her car is a Volvo, so it has head support in the back seat and the shoulder strap fits in the right section of his shoulder.

Hope this helps.

-Bernie