PDA

View Full Version : Combo seat for small 3 yr old

paddington
11-03-2002, 01:45 PM
I have read the Booster seat report, and I'm still going around in circles about which booster seat to buy.

My daughter is just over 3 and is just under 30lbs. She's in a Roundabout right now, but I have a 9 month old who needs to move up into that.

Another thing that complicates matters is that I only have lap belts in the back of my car - but my perspective on that is that she'll still be in a harness for at least another year - may well be close to 2 - so hopefully by then I'll have another car. So do the combos work with a lap belt while using the harness - that would at least last me until I get a new car.

I really don't want to have to go out and buy yet another booster seat after this for her. My main concern from what I read in the report was the slack / locking on the shoulder strap.

Could anyone give me a recommendation based on all of the above?

Thanks

tobymc
11-04-2002, 10:10 AM
I'd suggest either the Britax Marathon, plus a booster seat later on, or a combo seat.

The Marathon is nice because it is a high quality seat, similar to your RA. It will last your 3 year old for another 2-3 years, which may extend the time you've got in this car. It has a 65 pound/6 year old or so limit.

The combo seats will last you 1-2 years. And then they'll turn into boosters later on too.

So for you, it probably depends on how long you think your car will last.