PDA

View Full Version : NextStep vs Ultra CarGo

KaylaGirl
12-02-2002, 09:37 AM
I have been researching toddler booster seats for a few weeks now and have narrowed my decision down to these two seats. I have read good things about both seats, but would like honest opinions relating to them. My DD is 27 months, weighs 32 pounds and is 37 inches tall. She is currently in a Britax Roundabout, but is getting close to exceeding the shoulder straps. I feel that the Ultra CarGo is more padded and doesn't sit as straight up as the NextStep BUT the thing that concerns me about the CarGo is the belt positioning clips are so close to her head. I'm afraid that her head will rest up against them when she falls asleep in the car. Does this really happen?? I have also read that the belt positioning clips can cause slack in the seat belt when used in the belt positioning stage. The NextStep also has this feature, but somewhat modified.
Any advice/opinions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Kelly

katie
12-20-2002, 11:24 PM
Hi Kelly,

We just purchased the Ultra CarGo tonight after doing LOTS of research too...and I have the exact same questions as you. I was wondering if you got any answers, or if you had purchased one of the seats yet.

Thanks,
Katie

Katie
12-22-2002, 09:10 PM
Hi again,

Just wanted to let you know that we tried out our new CarGo on a long roadtrip yesterday and it worked wonders! My son is 28 months old and around 30 lbs. He feel asleep almost instantly and looked so comfortable!! And his head did not hit the belt positioning buckles at all.....he had plenty of room to rest his head. It is well padded and fairly roomy for my little one. He said it was comfy. I am already loving this seat! It was pretty easy to install too, and fit into our Buick nicely. I have also heard about the problem with slack in the seat belt once it converts to a booster...I'm still not sure if that will be an issue or not, but I love this seat so far!! I guess we'll cross that bridge when it comes. We will be using this seat on the airplane to fly home for Christmas, so we'll see how it fits on the plane.

Katie

KaylaGirl
12-24-2002, 10:21 AM
Hi Katie,

I also purchased the Ultra CarGo about 2 weeks ago and LOVE IT! My DD smiles from ear to ear when I buckle her in. She has fallen asleep several times and her head has never touched the belt positioning clips either. Phew, what a relief! I had no problems installing my seat either, using the LATCH. I'm so glad that I found a fellow Mommy to experience this together! LOL

Have a safe & wonderful Christmas with your family.

Kelly