View Full Version : what do you do when...

12-07-2002, 07:45 PM
My son broke off the foam on the left head side of his Britax RA and I know you can order a part like that on their website but he broke it off in such a weird angle that it's not possible. Beisdes, he's practically at the height limit. Do I just glue the three seperate pieces that broke together? While at first I took this to be such a positive thing like we can get a new carseat..after doing so much research, nothing beats a Britax but we so can't afford it right now. So can anyone tell me what comes close or if there are any suggestions I would just appreciate it. What do you get for a kid who is tall but a lightweight,less than 30pounds and only two?

12-09-2002, 09:41 AM
I'd call Britax. They do have new foam inserts you can buy, and maybe they'll know for sure if their insert will work in a situation like yours. They might know if gluing the pieces back together or just setting them in place would work.

Overall, I'd say the best seat for you right now is that RA. It sounds like your little one hasn't quite reached the height limit. And as you said, the other options are generally the combo seats, none of which have Britax "extras". There is also the Britax Marathon, but that IS pricey. Or the Super Elite/Husky, also pricey.

Good luck.

12-09-2002, 03:08 PM
Thanks Toby, I'll get on that soon. And staying with the RA right now does seem like my only option.