PDA

View Full Version : more help, please

Nancy Holter
12-17-2002, 02:24 PM
I am getting no help from the local Frod parts place, so came here for information. Can a 1991 Ford Aerostar be retrofitted with shoulder belts, in what positions; do you have any idea what the part #'s are, or the cost? I have ordered an owner's manual, but it won't be here for a week or two. I also need to know if there are built-in tether anchor points, or even better, tether anchors themselves (the guy in parts had no idea what I was talking about!). If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it. Even if it is only a phone number or web site that might have the info on it.

Caviller
12-17-2002, 06:32 PM
My list of Ford shoulder belt retrofits does not include the Aerostar. Granted, it mostly covered vehicles from 1979-1989, and it may be incomplete.

My tether manual shows that the Aerostar does have 4 drill dimples for tether anchor installation. It does not specific an anchor parts kit, though, and says to use generic hardware. So, you may have to use the generic anchors sold by carseat manufacturers or from a local retail store. Hopefully, your manual will have additional details and specify the locations of the dimples.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Darren
Car-Safety.Org
DuPage County SAFE KIDS
http://www.car-safety.org

Nancy
12-18-2002, 04:28 PM
well, thanks for the info, anyway. AT least I know there are tether points avaiable.