PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Apollo

Jo Amato
01-13-2003, 11:31 AM
Hi, I just recently purchased your booster seat special report online & I am about to go purchase your toddler bargains book. I have owned your baby bargain book & have given it as a gift to all of my pregnant friends and family members.
My question is, is there a difference between the Evenflo Apollo and the Evenflo Comet? If so, what are they? I have chosen this seat as best option for my son.
I do have a comment in how disappointed I am that in reading the message board there is not a clearer answer to this question & in just purchasing your review you do not mention that this seat has been phased out. I have wasted a great deal of time attempting to track down this convertible booster that is out of production. If you can clarify my question I would find this very helpful.

Respectfully,
Jo Amato

alandenisefields
01-13-2003, 02:16 PM
Jo,

Thanks for using our message boards and purchasing both our books and special report.

There is little difference between the Apollo and the Comet. The Comet omits the memory harness but will still have the tension-right knob in front.

Hope that helps,

alan and denise fields
authors, BABY BARGAINS

Jo Amato
01-13-2003, 02:30 PM
Dear Alan,
Thanks for such a quick reply, but I just read a description of the comet from Babycenter.com store that says it does have the memory harness & the eps foam. I have tried to contact evenflo to ask them if the comet is simply replacing the apollo, which it seems to be doing, but the lines have been busy.
Basically, do you reccomend the comet at the same level you have reccomended the apollo? I have read the Consumer report evaluation which does not mention the comet.
By the way I have tested my son in the Britax Starriser & the Century Breverra seat. In the Breverra, I do not beleve the seat belt can move and leave slack once it is fitted in place properly. Which, has me agree that a child can not belt himself in easily, but seems safe once buckled (Which is my primary concern).
Respectfully yours,
Jo Amato