PDA

View Full Version : Car seat/ Booster Help!

lilbrax
01-17-2003, 01:13 AM
I am extremely confused about this car seat/booster thing. I have a son who is turning 3 in 2 weeks(and weighs 31 pounds) and I am expecting a new baby in March. My son is currently in a Britax roundabout and still has some space for his shoulders to reach the top slot. My plan was to keep him in this car seat until my new baby moved into it( which will be about 7-9 months from now)and put my son in a booster at that point. I was going to purchase the britax star riser for him. However, when doing research at my local baby store, I was told to consider if I really want to put him in a booster seat at a 3 1/2 or to consider a combo like the century next step. I sat him in the roundabout at the store and the salesman said I'd probably get about 6 more months out of it. The thought of buying the century seemed a little bit of a waste to purchase yet another car seat just to reach the 40 lb. limit. However, safety is most important. Any suggestions?

Tondi G
01-17-2003, 07:24 PM
Have a look at the Airway...on the burlington Coat factory website! It is a combo booster that will accomodate a child up to 50lbs in a 5 point harness then into a BPB! other than that have a look at the Britax Marathon car seat.... accomodates a child up to 60lbs in a 5 point harness, then you can move into a booster! Hope that helps!

Rebecca
01-23-2003, 04:57 PM
We have the Britax Marathon for our 4 year old (we bought it for him when he was 3 1/2). It is much safer than and Belt Positioning Booster and looks similar to Roundabout so the transition was easy.