PDA

View Full Version : seat belt issues with booster seat

Pam
01-22-2003, 01:25 PM
Our boys [4 yo triplets] now weigh almost 40lbs. We have the Century NextStep seat. Our only vehicle that holds 3 carseats is a F-250 extended cab pickup, which only has shoulder straps on the outside seats, not the middle seat. What are our options for the 3 child sitting in the middle seat once they reach 40 lbs.?

Thanks
Pam

darebear
01-22-2003, 02:04 PM
I am currently looking for a seat also from my 2 1/2 40 inch son who is too big for his Roundabout. What I have found is the Britax Husky which can use the harness until 80lbs, but the seat is huge so I don't think it will work with 3 seats. The Fisher Price futura 20/60 uses a harness to 60 or 65 lbs, but since Fisher Price no longer makes carseats they are hard to find, I have found them on ebay and one other place, can look for the link if you are interested. The other is the Britax Marathon(the one I am leaning towards) which uses a harness to 65lbs. I costs around $250. And there is the Safety Baby Airway($99), that can use a harness to 50 lbs, but then you need to use the shoulder belt. The only place I found the airway is Burlington Coat Factory. I went to look at it this weekend and I wasn't overly happy with it.

I think your best bet is to go with the Britax Marathon or if you can find the Fisher Price.

HTH
Allison Sleigh

momathome
01-22-2003, 09:26 PM
For your situation, the Britax Laptop would be a fantastic seat. This is a unique booster seat for kids between 30-65 lbs that can be used with just a lap belt. It does not take up much space and is easy to install. The only drawback is that there is no head support, so if your child still falls asleep in the car a lot, he may not be overly comfy. Also, this seat can be a bit difficult to find. I bought one a month ago at the Right Start Store for $59. I'm not sure what online retailers are selling this seat but you might want to check RightStart.com if you do not have a store near you. Good luck!
-Lauren