PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need help in choosing new covertible for tall 2 year old.

Jill Johnston
03-11-2003, 02:28 PM
I have a 2 year, 4 month old daughter that is 37 inches and about 34 pounds. We have two Cosco Alpha Omega car seats for her (one in each of our cars) and I absolutely hate them. The straps are so twisty I don't think it really is fitting correctly on her anymore. On top of that I am nervous whenever I read reviews about this seat. I thought I was getting such a deal.

Not only do I hate these seats, I also have a 4 month old daughter(17 pounds and 25 inches) that I am expecting to have to go into a new car seat any day now.

I am not sure what to do. My older daughter will most likely soon outgrow the height limit on the A.O., but I don't want to put the new baby in the AO and buy new seats for my older daughter. It looks like I need to buy 4 new seats!!

We have a VW Jetta and Passat, so size will be an issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

momathome
03-11-2003, 05:58 PM
As young and as tall as your daughter is, the Britax Marathon would be a great choice for you. The 5-point harness can be used for up to 65lbs and it is a nice, cushy seat. Otherwise, a combo booster with 5 point harness like the Graco Ultra Cargo or the Evenflo Express booster would be good choices. The only problem with these seat is the harness can only be used up to 40lbs, than you must remove the harness and use the seat as a belt-positioning booster. For the baby, the Britax Maratthon or the Roundabout are definitely the gold standard in carseats. The RA might be better for you for the baby just because it doesn't take up so much space rear-facing. The Evenflo Titan is a nice seat that is priced more moderately ($119) - people like this, too. If you have a Right Start Store nearby, they usually have a deal going where if you purchase more than one seat, you get an additional 10% off the second seat. Good luck!
-Lauren
P.S. The Britax's straps NEVER twist!!!