PDA

View Full Version : Britax Advantage vs. Britax Marathon vs. Britax Husky **Please help**

MelissaN
03-17-2003, 04:44 PM
Hi All,

I have seen many informative discussions regarding car seats but don't think I seen anything regarding the problem I have.

I have two children...a daughter (who JUST turned 2) that only weighs 23 pounds but is 33 inches tall, and a 3 month old son who is 14 pounds and 26 inches long. He has outgrown his infant carrier so I will have to purchase another car seat. I currently have a Britax Advantage. I don't know if I should get another Advantage for my son or move my 2 year old into a Marathon or Husky. I think she will always be little (weight-wise) so I am torn. I really do like the Advantage because it has the Height Adjuster Knob but think it might be time to get an "older" car seat.

Any pros or cons regarding getting the Husky vs. the Marathon? Which one is better? Or should I just get another Advantage?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks so much,
Melissa

JennyJ
03-17-2003, 11:16 PM
Britax is releasing the Wizard sometime in mid to late April. The Wizard is the same seat as the Advantage except that it ff to 65 lbs. This might solve your dilema. The big problem is if you can wait until it is available. Online sources would be able to get it for you the soonest, but all of the ones I have gone to are not taking preorders yet. Good luck with your decision.

JennyJ
03-18-2003, 12:23 PM
Thanks so much for the information. I think we can wait!

Melanie
04-15-2003, 03:06 AM
Anyone know if the Wizard will have the same problems at the Marathon?

CPSDarren
04-18-2003, 02:34 PM
Keep in mind that while some parents have had problems with some aspects of the Marathon, many others have not. If you can try the unit you will buy in the store, or can make sure you have a good return policy, the Marathon is still a very good choice.

As many have discussed, there have apparently been changes to the Marathon during production. One might expect the Wizard to have many of these changes, and perhaps others. The Wizard will not be released until sometime after the JPMA show in early May, so no one but Britax knows until then:-)

Darren
www.Car-Safety.Org