PDA

View Full Version : Cosco Alpha Omega Seat-Jeep

jennifer1143
04-15-2003, 08:21 AM
Hello,
Wondering if anyone has any positive/negative feedback regarding this seat? I'm a new parent, and am quite confused. Is it a savings to go with this seat - or am I better off to buy a convertible seat then a booster? Also, I've heard of some problems with straps twisting...any experience with that? I drive a Jeep Cherokee - is it too big for my backseat? Thanks for any information.

Jennifer

CPSDarren
04-18-2003, 02:25 PM
The Alpha Omega is a reasonable carseat. In particular, it is one of the better models to allow extended rear-facing because of the relatively high weight and height limits.

Whether it is a savings or not depends on your child. Some kids who tend to be in higher percentiles for height than weight can outgrow the harness well before 40 pounds. That could mean you need to purchase another seat anyway. Twisting straps have been a complaint, though newer versions are improved somewhat.

As with any carseat, I'd try one as thoroughly as possible in the store and make sure you like it. Get a good return policy, just in case:-)

Darren
www.Car-Safety.Org