PDA

View Full Version : need to replace carseat after accident?

Becky
04-20-2003, 08:40 PM
Hi,

My husband and I were alone in the car when we had an accident (during one of the lovely snowstorms this winter). The rear of the car hit the guardrail causing extensive damage to the back bumpers and rear sides, but not the back seat (or back windshield etc.)

The carseat (Britax Roundabout) was in the car at the time, but my son was not. Does the seat need to be replaced?

Thank you

momathome
04-20-2003, 08:47 PM
Yes, your seat really does need to be replaced - I would suggest calling Britax to see for sure what they recomend - I have heard that sometimes that want you to mail them the seat so that they can inspect the damage themselves, and I have heard, occasionally, that they have replaced damaged seats free of charge, but don't quote me on that! Glad to hear you were okay!
-Lauren

4justice
04-21-2003, 04:56 PM
Now I'm not positive but I read that your car insurance company would pay for a new car seat, or pay the amount of your old one. I don't know what process you have to go through, but like the other post, I would check with Britax and your insurance company. I'm glad no one was hurt. Hope it goes well and let us know what happens!
-Maluhia

Roni
04-30-2003, 11:19 AM
I agree that you should check with Britax, but if they say no, you might want a second opinion. They told me I didn't need to replace ours after a very minor accident, but I'm not 100% sure that I shouldn't have. Your accident was more serious, & I would guess that you should replace yours. Unfortunately, I belive Britax will only replace it if the child was in the seat, but it might be covered by insurance. Good luck, & I'm glad you're okay!