PDA

View Full Version : Cosco Summit or Century NextStep or Evenflo Chase Comfort Touch

Kristin
06-16-2003, 06:53 PM
I have narrowed my search for a combo seat for my almost three-year-old down to three: Cosco Summit, Century NextStep or Evenflo Chase Comfort Touch. Here's what I've heard/read. The Summit is totally advocated by Consumer Reports, but I've heard mixed reviews elsewhere. My concern at this point is that the tallest harness slots are only 15 inches - similar to most convertible seats, which my daughter has outgrown. The Century NextStep seems good, but concern is the comment that the shoulder belt can end up with slack when used in the booster mode. The Evenflo Chase is an amazing price ($59) with what seems to be all the necessary features. But, I can't even find it rated on Consumer Reports.

Any first-hand experience from anybody on these three seats?

Joolsplus2
06-17-2003, 11:43 PM
I really like the Chase...it is an amazing seat for the price! And the Ultra Cargo (Consumer Reports rated the Treasured Cargo, or similar, that had no front adjuster...which was plain dumb, IMO)...I've heard the Express/Chase is good as a booster, too, but you have a long time till you need that, so pick the harness straps and adjuster and padding that you like NOW, and go with that.
It's a shame consumer reports didn't do three or four issues...one for infant seats, convertible, harnessed boosters, dedicated boosters...all they did was pick a random sampling, which leaves out both good and bad choices...oh well, carseats probably don't sell a lot of magazines, lol.
Oh, the nextstep is nice, but I've never seen it lower than 89-99 dollars, and I don't really think it's worth that in terms of padding and harness quality...if it were cheaper, that'd be cool... :)