PDA

View Full Version : Starriser Comfy, Bodyguard, or Komfort Kruiser?

Emily
08-06-2003, 03:39 PM
My 4.4 year old daughter is 39 pounds (the scale has shown 40 lbs. once or twice but usually shows 39 lbs.) and 42 inches. She is moving out of her Roundabout because she is too tall and almost too heavy and her sister needs it. We have been shopping for boosters. We tried a starriser comfy in our car and it fit her perfectly. The straps seemed to hit in just the right spot. She is rather thin, and it held her in place nicely. She said it felt comfortable and she liked it. I was just worried because there was not much to it that would cushion her in any kind of blow. She has to ride in an outboard position. I tried the Jupiter Komfort Kruiser in the car too and it was o.k. The straps did not make me feel quite as secure. They weren't as perfect on her shoulder. However, there was more padding and protection around her. I've heard about the bodyguard. Will the straps fit her like the starriser straps since it is made by the same company? Is she too short/light for the bodyguard if she is almost 40 pounds? I don't know what the height requirement is for the bodyguard. What would you recommend? I would appreciate any help you can give me. I'm in a dilemma and we need a seat pretty quickly. Thank you! Emily

momathome
08-06-2003, 04:02 PM
If you like the way the StarRiser fit in your car and your child, go for it! My 5.5 year-old dd is about the same size as your's and has been riding comfortably in this seat for over a year now. She has no trouble sleeping in it and it is easy to move from car to car. I haven't seen the BodyGuard yet so I don't know size-wise how it would fit your child. We love our StarRiser and I would definitely purchase it again! Good luck!
-Lauren

Joolsplus2
08-06-2003, 06:52 PM
We LOVED our SRC....and sold it because we like the Bodyguard better. Some kids don't like the headrest, or the lack of armrests, buy my ds has no complaints.
My almost 4 yo, 39 inch dd fits great in it, but she's 31 pounds and still RF in her Marathon....she's got awhile to go before she gets a bodyguard.
If you like the SRC, then go with it, but if you are really worried about side impacts (though they are VERY rare), then go with the BG.
:)

Emily
08-06-2003, 09:16 PM
Julie,
Do you think it is o.k. to go ahead and put her in the bodyguard if she is just 1 lb. and 1 inch ( I think!) too small for it? Thanks! Emily

Joolsplus2
08-06-2003, 11:25 PM
gosh, i hope so...my ds is only 40 pounds after a big meal and with a pair of hiking boots on ;)