PDA

View Full Version : Ready to Return Century Brevara Ascend and Get Booster

Mrs. Car Seat Woes
08-24-2003, 04:44 PM
After searching and searching for a way to keep our child in the middle seat and not go with a booster until 40 pounds, I give up. Today I tried the Breverra Ascend based on the recommendation of the compatability charts for this vehicle ('97 Chevy 1500 pick up, not a whole lot of room back there). It does fit, but I can't get a tight install. If anyone knows of a CPS tech in Dallas, TX area please advise and I will give it one more try before I return the seat. It doesn't seem possible to get a tight fit with a high back booster in this vehicle. I went ahead and splurged on this seat just for the sake of keeping her in the middle for a lousy 4 1/2 - 5 more pounds...it was worth it to me to keep her as safe as possible until booster size. I had no intention of using this once we hit booster mode. I wanted to wait for the new Bodyguard, which is 40 pounds, before going outboard. I've run out of choices here and will probably have to just go ahead and get the Britax starriser comfy, in spite of the fact that our pediatrician feels 5 point harness for as long as possible is the safest way to go. The only one someone has suggested which I haven't tried yet - seems I would have to purchase it on line - is the Nania Airway (which would give us another 10 pounds before having to go outboard). The car seat manufacturers seem to have completely ignored the need for a seat to fit in the back seat of a truck. I'm pulling my hair out here and THIS STINKS. :(

Joolsplus2
08-24-2003, 08:01 PM
I know a tech in Frisco...I emailed her for you with a link to this post to see if she can help :)

Mrs. Car Seat Woes
08-24-2003, 08:15 PM
Thanks, Julie. If you hear from her, that would be perfect...I actually live in Frisco. I posted Dallas because I figured I had better odds of finding someone there. Will be checking back. I know I do need to go to the dealer and have a tether installed...but tether is not going to pick up what I think is way too much slack.

Joolsplus2
08-24-2003, 11:29 PM
Ok, I talked to her, and she'd be more than willing to help!

Edit: done...forwarded your email with phone numbers on to Tamie, and replied back to you.

Good luck, and tell me how it goes!

Mrs. Car Seat Woes
08-25-2003, 06:35 AM
Just sent you an e-mail. Looking forward to a reply. THANKS!