PDA

View Full Version : carseat for 30 lb, 36 in 26 mo old

suzy
09-10-2003, 01:59 PM
My son's carseat was stolen yesterday, so I need to do some quick research. I decided to not replace the seat with an identical model, due to recent Consumer Reports data, so I quickly bought a Britax Roundabout. But his ears are almost to the top of the seat. I'm thinking about exchanging it for a Britax Marathon. My biggest hesitation is that it looks so big. Has anyone used it on a plane? Any other thoughts?
Thanks so much for your help!

Joolsplus2
09-10-2003, 05:15 PM
I think lots of people have taken MA's on planes...I would highly recommend getting one...we have one and really love it. One trick to getting it through the airport is to get a samsonite micro mover luggage cart...it bungees right on and rolls easily to the gate. It's a VERY easy seat to install, despite it's bulk, and I think since your kiddo is on the big side, you might be happier with a bigger seat so you can keep him harnessed to age 4 or 5, like lots of techs are recommending more and more.

Wow! Stolen! That must have been VERY unnerving! (hugs!)

suzy
09-10-2003, 08:48 PM
Thank you very much for the advice.
Yes, it was very unnerving. I try to be sure not to leave things in the car that might be attractive and never thought that someone would want to steal my kid's carseat.