PDA

View Full Version : New Carset for 2 1/2 year old???

jenniferh
09-12-2003, 07:31 PM
I have a 2 1/2 year old who is 28 lbs and 35 inches and we currently have 2 Britax Roundabouts - 1 for each car. I am wondering when and if I need to move him into another seat or not. Since we would need to get 2 car seats (since one of us drops him off at day care in the am and the other picks up), I really don't want to buy 2 Britax's if I don't have to.

Any suggestions on a carseat we can get him or if we really need new ones yet or not would be appreciated!!!

Joolsplus2
09-12-2003, 08:34 PM
You probably have a LONG time to go...unless you have another baby who needs them!
The roundabout is not outgrown until 40 pounds OR till the shoulders are just slightly above the top slots, OR the tips of the ears reach the top of the seatback. If he has a very long torso, he may reach these limits sooner, but most kids fit in this seat till they are 40-43 inches tall and usually around age 4...then you can determine if he still needs to be harnessed, or if he's mature enough for a belt-positioning booster like the britax bodyguard.

Hope you have a lot of time left in your wonderful seats!

jenniferh
09-14-2003, 03:46 AM
Thanks so much for your response. My husband was thinking it was time for a new seat - but I am very happy to hear that we really don't need one right now. We plan to have another baby when he is about 4 so this fits in line perfectly!

Thanks again!!