PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Apollo vs. Comet- should I spend the extra $20?

sugarsnappea
09-29-2003, 11:05 AM
I have narrowed it down between these 2 seats for our extra carseat. Is the only difference between the two the memory harness on the Apollo and cupholder on the Comet? I am wondering if it is worth it to spend $20 more on the Apollo. TIA! :)

Joolsplus2
09-29-2003, 11:51 AM
Well, the Apollo was discontinued and the Comet replaced it...so you probably wont' find the Apollo anywhere...unless you have found it somewhere and have played with the harness to see if you like it. I liked it...I'm not sure if it was worth the extra money, though.

One warning about this seat: it is terrible in terms of sleep support, so if your child naps in the car a lot, I would more recommend the Ultra or Platinum Cargo which has a recline and deep side wings. Sorry, you didn't ask for that opinion, but I felt compelled to share, after watching my DD's head bob around and flop so much when she slept in the Apollo...she probably wasn't *that* uncomfortable, but it really looked like she was... otherwise, I DID like the seat quite well :)

Julie CPS Advocate and mom to 2 in seats

sugarsnappea
09-29-2003, 06:19 PM
Thanks, I did find the Apollo and almost bought it on impulse. Yes, I am aware of the sleep support issue. Unfortunately, my DD does not nap in the car, so it is not an issue for us. Does lack of deep side wings create more space in the backseat? We have a FPSE now and people can hardly fit on either side of it. Thanks Again.

Joolsplus2
09-29-2003, 10:44 PM
LOL, I know what you mean about she unfortunately doesn't nap in the car! Sometimes, I just pray my dd will fall asleep...and she just never does...sigh...

Actually, the wings on the Apollo/Comet are flared out, and tend to reduce shoulder room for other passengers...but you'll be gaining hip room compared to the FPSE...so it may be an OK trade-off (???). There are very few seats that it's actually comfy to sit next to, anyway (well, probably NO seats are *very* comfy to sit next to...)

Julie CPS Advocate and mom to 2 in seats