PDA

View Full Version : Car Seat Suggestions for 26 month old/ 38.5" and 37.5 lbs.

Josephine
09-30-2003, 09:21 PM
I've read through the messages here but feel a little confused about what car seat is safest, most comfortable and would have the best fit for my son. He is 26 months old and 38 1/2 inches and 37 1/2 pounds. He is soon to outgrow the weight limit on his current seat. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Josephine

Joolsplus2
10-01-2003, 10:24 AM
Welcome!

For such a young guy, you want to keep him harnessed as long as possible (at least age 4, preferrably longer, since harnessing is really safest), and unfortunately your choices are somewhat limited in the higher-harness-weight seats.

There's the Britax Marathon (to 65 pounds) and the Britax Husky (to 80 pounds) and the Safety Baby Airway (to 50 pounds, then to 80 pounds as a booster).

None of these are exactly easy to find, unfortunately. Babies R Us has the Marathon, and the Right Start has Marathons and Huskies, and *maybe* your top-notch baby store will have all three, but Airways seem to be very scarce lately (they used to be at Burlington Coat Factory/Baby Depot but I didn't see any in mine yesterday).

I'm not sure where the best deals online are right now...maybe www.babycatalog.com is cheapest (in any case, online prices are about $199 for the Husky, $209 for the Marathon, and $99 for the Airway---which is an *ok* seat, but not nearly as nice as the other two...I know, because I own all three, lol)

Hope that helps a little...sorry there aren't more options!

Julie CPS tech in training and mom to 2 in seats

Josephine
10-01-2003, 04:40 PM
Thank you so much for your response and suggestions. I think I will go with the Husky. This is the seat I originally wanted but wasn't sure if there were any other options. Thanks for the link.

Josephine