PDA

View Full Version : Husky and Marathon

Kasia
11-05-2003, 05:25 PM
Will Husky fit in a Camry. I tried to look it up on the car seat data site but no info was available for this particular combination. I am also considering Marathon. I understand it is a little smaller?
Please advise. My daughter is 2 and weighs almost 40 lbs...38 1/2 inches tall.

Joolsplus2
11-05-2003, 05:39 PM
I would really guess that it DOES fit (the Husky)---I've got mine in some REALLY little cars REALLY easily--I even slightly prefer it to our Marathon in the smaller cars, as DD's head is further from the rear window. The Marathon is great, though, and is a better choice if you ever take airplane flights or need to fit 3 people/seats in the Camry.
Do you have tether anchors? I ask, both because they are necessary for the Husky after 50 pounds, AND in the unlikely event that your seatbelts are too short for the usual seatbelt path, you may use a shorter seatbelt path, but MUST use the tether anchors in that case, and I know 1999 Camries have to jump through some difficult hoops on the dealers part to get anchors installed in the outboard, and the seat may be too wide for the center (sorry, that may be more info than you were looking for, but im on a roll! lol)

Have you seen them both in real life? That's really the best way to tell which will work best for you (even really big kids tend to get a lot of use out of the Marathon, and it should last till at least age 5 or 6, the Husky till age 8...it expires after 6 years, even if she still fits in it)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx