PDA

View Full Version : Car/van that will fit 2 car seats + passennger in 2nd row??

zakmom
11-05-2003, 09:16 PM
We will soon have two in car seats - DS in his Britax Marathon and DD in her Graco Snugride, eventually to also be in a Marathon (GREAT seat). In our Ford Focus wagon, the Latch connectors are on the two side seats, so that is where the seats go. Not even the slimmest passenger can fit between the two seats!

Are there any cars or minivans out there that will take two car seats in the back, plus leave room for a passenger in the middle?? I rode in the back with my DS til his seat turned around at a year. It seemed so lonely for him to be facing backwards by himself, and I was able to comfort him and play with him. I'm distressed that I will not be able to do this with DD!!

Anyone out there have a car that works for three in the back seat, or have other advice? Thanks!

Joolsplus2
11-06-2003, 12:50 PM
I have a Honda Odyssey, and while it has captain's chairs and only 2 in the middle row, there's a huge flexibility in seating...like, I often put my oldest child in the rear center row, then I sit in the passenger side middle captains chair, and my RF dd sits in the driver's side captain's chair. That way, I'm back there with the kids, and we can all reach each other (dh can pass back the happy meals, and I dole them out...that sort of thing).

There are some American made minivans where you can put the three seater rear bench in the middle, but you couldn't sit in the middle seat, since there is only a lapbelt, which is NOT safe for humans, only for installing car seats.

The Honda Pilot also can fit three across, as can any full sized sedan (like the Impala or Intrepid).

I'm not sure if you were intending to nurse the baby while driving, but here's some information that most people don't know http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppcarseats/?msg=46695.3

Hope that helps (and I WISH more cars that had *3* seats could fit *3* people! lol)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx