PDA

View Full Version : Airway

happymomof2
11-09-2003, 02:18 PM
Does the Airway still have the problem with the crotch strap bringing the belt too high up on kids or has that been fixed? From new photos it looks pretty low. If it has een fixed, what are your thoughts on it?

We are getting a new seat due to ours (Cosco Alpha Omega 1999) being in a minor accident. I need to replace it ASAP as it is my dd's primary seat. It works out well since it is almost 5 years old anyway. I just wish she was able to go into a booster (3.33 yrs., 35#, 40")...but, I want to keep her harnessed for as long as possible (can't spend the $$ for the Marathon as the insurance company is paying and might balk at that). thanks again.

Joolsplus2
11-09-2003, 05:30 PM
I'd recommend it, mainly because it fits SO well with the LATCH in the Ody. The harness is decent, the padding is decent, and the crotch strap length isn't really an issue, as it turns out (it's still long, but it's not a safety concern).
I don't like the seat as much as the Cargo, but it sounds like you might want the extra weight capabilities (harnessing as long as possible is safest). I don't like the seat as a booster, but ebay resale value for an uncrashed seat with all it's parts and manual and some useful life in it (these have 7 years till they expire) should be enough to get a nice booster later when she's mature/heavy enough for one.
Your biggest challenge is just to FIND one! I'm not sure where they are now...used to be baby depot and babyage.com, but supplies seem to have dwindled a bit lately.

Hope that helps a little!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx