PDA

View Full Version : What kind of car seat should I buy next?

helari
11-12-2003, 01:33 AM
We have 2 kids - (3yrs, 35 lbs, and 1 yr, 20 lbs), and are looking for two car seats so we have the flexibility to drive 2 cars in our family without reinstalling the car seats every week.

In my car, we currently use a Britax Roundabout for my son (3yr old), and the graco snugride with base for my daughter. My husband has a Britax marathon for our 3 year old and uses the same Graco snugride for our daughter. We use my husband's car on the weekends and on any road trips.

I'm looking for suggestions on what kind of seats to purchase. Should I keep the Marathon for my son and get something new for my daughter, or vice versa? I'm not sure if I want to spend the kind of money I initially did on the Britax car seats, but want to make sure that whatever product(s) I purchase will be extremely safe and comfortable.

Thanks for your help

happymomof2
11-20-2003, 01:05 PM
I would look at the Evenflo Triumph ($119) for your daughter or the Graco Platinum Cargo ($99) for your son. They are both well-rated for safety and are reasonably priced. The Triumph is a bit of a pain with the strap as I adjust mine evry time I put my 11 month old in. But, it has the EPS foam that you really only see in the Britax models primarily and they are much more $$. The Cargo is a nicely padded seat with a decent recline and head support for kid's that still nap in the car. I also had the Evenflo Chase and Comet recommended to me while I was searching for new seats.

Good luck!