PDA

View Full Version : booster for my three year old

salandlauren
11-16-2003, 01:27 PM
my son is 39" or 40" tall, 39 pounds, just turned 3 years old. We will give his old carseat to his little brother but what to do for the big boy? Can we put him in a booster? I was going to get the Britax that replaced the star riser comfy but I just read that the child must be 43" tall. Also I am a little bit worried about him trying to wiggle down out of the booster, are there any good ones with crotch straps? Also, did Consumer reports review the Jupiter Industries Komfort Kruiser? What do you recommend?" Thank you for any help you can give!!!
Lauren

Joolsplus2
11-17-2003, 03:41 PM
I would really recommend keeping him harnessed. You only have three choices, though, and they are all kind of hard to find...you'll need to look online or at baby specialty stores...baby depot, babies r us, the right start, etc.

Your choices right now are the Britax Husky, the Britax Marathon/Wizard, or the Nania/Safety Baby Airway.

I personally would NOT put my 3 year old in a booster, because for one they are too wiggly, and also I feel that one narrow shoulder can't adequately hold back that proportionally very heavy head, so a harness with 2 shoulderstraps holds little kids in place a lot better in a crash.

Try reading a bunch of the other posts on this board for info on these 3 seats... I've answered a lot of questions about them :)

Good luck shopping, and feel free to ask more questions about these seats as you think of them! (I own all of them except the Wizard, which I have a friend who has one and i Get to play with it sometimes, lol)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx