PDA

View Full Version : Outgrowing the RA?

raynjen
11-20-2003, 10:02 PM
Hey folks,

For those of you with older children (or bigger children) - when did your child outgrow the RA? My daughter is no where near the limit, she is 2 and 23 pounds, but her shoulders are touching the "wings" on either side. I can tell that pretty soon the "wings" are going to push her shoulder blades forward - is this okay? I don't know if she has wide shoulder or what, her butt is so narrow that we could fit two of her across the seat portion. Should I even be concerned about this? Thanks in advance

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)

Joolsplus2
11-21-2003, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't worry too much, it's not a safety concern. Kids tend to keep growing taller, esp. in the legs, at this age, rather than wider. And even then, I've never read of anyone's child complaining about the seat being uncomfortably narrow...even the thin 5 yo's who still fit in it (you can use the seat till 40 pounds OR the shoulders are just above the top straps OR the tips of her ears reach the top of the seatback)

Hope that helps and good luck!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

hipmaman
11-22-2003, 11:20 PM
My 4 yrs and 3 months old dd can still fit in her RA. She is 37 lbs, 43.5" tall and fits fine in it. The shoulder harness is at level with her shoulders and her ears are still below the top of the seat.

She also fits in the Marathon, Wizard and Husky with lots of room to grow.

raynjen
11-23-2003, 09:43 PM
Thank you very much! I know I'm paranoid, but I was seeing the headline "Uncaring Mother Causes Daughter's Scholiosis!" I guess that's just being a normal mom though...

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)