PDA

View Full Version : Next seat?!

Tys mom
12-30-2003, 05:47 PM
Help. Our thirteen month old is 37 inches tall and a few short inches from outgrowing his Britax roundabout! We had hoped for another year or two in the one we have but that isn't going to happen. In our state, he has to be in a booster of sorts until he is seven! Although we know one seat won't last the next six years we'd like one that would last for awhile. Any suggestions on a safe model that would be appropriate for someone so young and so tall?! Thanks.

JElaineB
12-30-2003, 07:23 PM
You might want to check out the car seat postings on the Baby Bargains boards. Since your son is only 13 months old he is too young for a booster. I would say the Britax Marathon would be your best bet. It fits taller kids than the Roundabout and goes up to 65 pounds (I think) and is a lot safer than a booster at this point. You can even leave him rearfacing in that a while longer (provided he is under 33 lbs). There is lots more info over on the Baby Bargains boards about the Marathon. I don't own it (have the Roundabout for my small 15 month old) so sorry I don't have a lot of information!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02