PDA

View Full Version : Marathon or Husky in a Toyota Camry?

dodo422
01-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Does anyone out there have experience w/ the Britax Marathon or Husky in a Toyota Camry? (We've got a 2001 model Camry.) Does it function well? I am trying to decide which one to get for my DS and just want to make sure it'll install correctly in the seat. I'm inclined to go w/ the Husky b/c it goes up to 80 lbs, but don't know if it's going to be an issue to fit vs. the Marathon, which is similar in size to what he uses now. He currently rides in a Roundabout, but we've got another little one on the way who will be taking over that seat by the end of the summer, so I'm starting my research now.
Thanks,
Dawn
[email protected]

Joolsplus2
01-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Either one would fit (try www.carseatdata.org )...since you have the RA, the MA would be almost the same installation, and the Husky fits fine even in much smaller cars.
I have one of each seat, and I used to say the Husky was overkill, but now I'm beginning to prefer it! It's easier for the child to climb into and easier to buckle and will last longer. I'm a harness hound and will use mine till my seat expires at the 6 year mark, when my dd is almost 9...if you get yours now, it will last till your younger child is 6 and that's really not too long to be harnessed, I don't think.
Of course, it's difficult to move from car to car, and can't be taken on a plane, and you will never squeeze another person in your backseat again, and if those are considerations for you, the Marathon would be a better choice. I do like my Marathon and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, but as my kids are growing bigger, the Husky is becoming our favorite seat :) (espcially in our minivan...I wish I could have one for each kid, since they work perfectly in captain's chairs, lol)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx