PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Chase--happy with harness

mkkrum
01-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Did a lot of research to find a good combo seat for 3yo DS. I ended up with the Evenflo Chase DLX and am very happy with it--at least as a harness seat.

We are suckers for style, so we ended up with the DLX from TRU. An extra $20 bought us a less obnoxious/obvious fabric and a second junk holder (which we can't use unless the seat is in the middle of the backseat). I know--we are going to get kicked out of the "Bargains" boards for admitting it! ;-)

We are using it in a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer behind the driver's seat. We found it fairly easy to install (no more difficult than the Cosco Touriva it's replacing) and I'm having no trouble with the front harness adjuster. I do have to do a little tugging to get the belts all repositioned after tightening, but it's not so bad. I'd hate to do all that in the center position, though I'm not sure there is a better solution on the market for that.

DS loves the cup holder and arm rests. One thing that surprised us was the box showed arm rests that were adjustable up and down, but the arm rests in our sealed box don't adjust that way. Time will tell if that is an issue down the road. Right now he's fine.

I like the harness locks/buckles. Nice satisfying "CLICK" when the buckle snaps in. Good shape to help get ahold of those little buckle pieces you have to insert.

All in all, I'm giving the Evenflo Chase DLX a thumbs up for use with the harness. Next year I'll tell you if we like the booster part.

Joolsplus2
01-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Cool :)
That's one of my favorite seats for that age kid.
I have the sightseer booster (ONLY because of the Barbie/Hotwheels covers...it was sad I couldn't resist, lol)... which is the same seat shell. It's awesome as a booster for my 6 yo/40 pounder, but for my 4 yo 31 pounder, she tends to wiggle down and the belt rides over her abdomen (I wonder if Evenflo would let me put a harness on the seat? I'm too lazy to call, lol...and mostly she's still in her Marathon)...so use that harness to just over 40 pounds, and it should be a great booster :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx