PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a PT Cruiser?

raynjen
03-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Not sure where else to post this...do you like the PT Cruiser as a 'family' car? We are researching cars to buy when we move back to the states. DD will be in a belt positioning booster by then (the poor thing will probably be in one until she's 12). We won't be having any more children so this will be my running around vehicle.
Any information would help.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/3)

egoldber
03-01-2004, 01:38 PM
We don't own one, but we just had one as a rental in Florida. IMO, its a bit small for a family vehicle. If you had a larger vehicle as a second car then it would probably be OK. Our stroller and one suitcase took up the entire rear storage area. My DD was in her Roundabout with it and that pretty much took up the back seat.

It was a fine little car, but a bit smaller on the inside than it appears.

HTH,

raynjen
03-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Yeah, we rented one last time we were in California and I liked it then the car seat and the stroller did take up the back, but it accomodated our 2 HUGE duffels, a laptop briefcase, DH's hangup bag, and our 2 carryons well in the 'trunk'.

I figure by the time we buy one we will be out of the stroller. DH, DD, and I are all small people (DH is the tallest at 5'6"!) so leg room/head height won't be a problems.

I guess I'm wondering more about power, smoothness, turning/parking ability, blind spots, and overall satisfaction over the long haul.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/3)