PDA

View Full Version : Jupiter Komfort Kruiser vs Britax Bodyguard

guest today
03-03-2004, 03:14 PM
Any opinions on which is safest? And, which is more comfortable?

Still struggling with what to get our 5 year old 55 lb girl.

uccomama
03-03-2004, 07:04 PM
I have and really like both seats.

I cannot tell you which one is the safest because there is no comparision testing data available. Both seats have side impact protection which is an important feature IMO and both have good side torso support too. As for comfort, I would say they were pretty comparable, however, my 6.5 year old DD prefers the Bodyguard because she doesn't like the little pillow that goes behind the neck of the Komfort Kruiser, the pillow is attached with velcro so can be removed, however. As for ease of use, I would say the Komfort Kruiser is definitely the easier seat for a child to use because it doesn't have any armrests to have to get the seat belt under. The Bodyguard does take some getting used to because of the lock-offs. It took my DD a few times to master, but now she can buckle herself in without any problems.

The Komfort Kruiser is a wide, roomy seat, so that may be a plus for you given your five year old weighs 55 lbs (I hope you don't take that the wrong way, its just my 6.5 year old is 10 lbs lighter!). But then again, if space is an issue, or you have to fit three in a row, the Komfort Kruiser will probably be too wide. Another thing to consider is the Bodyguard would probably last longer height-wise, you don't mention your child's height, but if she is tall, this may well be important for you.

FWIW, I use the Bodyguard as one of DD's main seats (she rides in a Britax Husky in my van), we use the Komfort Kruiser as a carpool booster if I need to transport another child, so we don't get to use it often. I don't use either seat as a carpool seat in other people's cars, the Bodyguard is too heavy and maybe too wide in a three across situation. The Komfort Kruiser while light, is big, bulky and wide.

If you can, I would have your DD try out both seats and let her decide which she prefers because some children find the Bodyguard too confining. The great thing is you really can't go wrong with either one of these boosters!

I have a webpage that compares several different boosters, including the Bodyguard and Komfort Kruiser which might be of interest to you:

http://pages.ivillage.com/uccomama/

Good luck!

Deborah