PDA

View Full Version : britax booster

confusedmom
03-11-2004, 12:52 AM
What is the difference between the britax starriser comfy and the britax bodguard racer? I just recently purchased, "Toddler Bargains" and there was no mention of the bodyguard race--unless I overlooked it in the book.

uccomama
03-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Firstly "Racer" is the fabric, the Bodyguard comes in three other cover choices. The Bodyguard is the latest belt positioning booster produced by Britax, and what seperates it from the Starriser is that it has side impact protection in the form of head "wings". The Bodyguard also has lapbelt lock-offs which holds the lap belt portion of the seat belt snug against the child. The Bodyguard is rated from 40 lbs to 100 lbs, the Starriser is rated from 30 lbs to 80 lbs. Finally, the backrest of the Starriser is removable and the Bodyguard's is not.

The Bodyguard isn't in the Toddler Bargains book because it came out after the book was printed. I am sure it will be covered in the new edition and will probably rate extremely well! The Bodyguard is a great booster, I have one for my 6.5 year old DD and both she and I love it!

HTH

Deborah