PDA

View Full Version : Seat for Airline Travel

ceross
03-14-2004, 11:24 PM
I currently use a Britax Roundabout for my nearly 3-year-old daughter. We will be traveling to Disney in May and need a seat for our plane trip. We're not renting a car and don't want to tote the Roundabout (which I don't believe is rated for air travel). Any suggestions for an inexpensive seat that we can use. Thanks.

Joolsplus2
03-15-2004, 04:39 PM
The RA is a wonderful seat to bring on the plane...very easy to install.
I've flown with my kids that age and just put them on the plane seat and been happy that the belt fits low and tight on their laps, but it's possible they may have been more comfortable in a car seat.
If you would be taking a taxi, then the RA is such an easy seat to install, I'd recommend that over all others.
If you'll only be on shuttle buses and such, which probably don't even have seatbelts, you might not want to bring anything, or bring a Cosco High Rise no-back booster, if she is at least 30 pounds, *just in case* you travel in a car or bus or van with a lap and shoulder belt.
I know CPSDarren has taken his young children to Disney, and hopefully he'll see this and put in his 2 cents.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

egoldber
03-15-2004, 09:32 PM
I have flown with my RA more times that I can count. It fits fine in planes of all shapes and sizes. :)

If the flight is longer than a couple hours or if you think she might sleep on the plane, I would bring it. But oh my. The thought of traveling carseat free is pretty attractive!