PDA

View Full Version : Leather vs. Cloth seats in cars

raynjen
03-28-2004, 02:07 AM
For those of you who have experience with both - which do you prefer with children? I've heard from cloth users that leather is sticky in hot weather and I've heard from leather users that cloths doesn't clean up as well, but what (in your opinion) is the final choice?

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/3)

redhookmom
03-28-2004, 08:09 AM
I'll vote for leateher. I love because it so easy to clean.

The car I have now has leather seats and I did have last summer. I do not remember the seats being sticky. Then again, I use the air conditioner when it is hot.

If given a choice I would not go back to cloth.

lotsofjoy
03-30-2004, 05:17 PM
I agree with the above poster. We had Cloth in the car until DD #1 was about 14 months. Then we got a new car with leather and it is SO much nicer. It's easier to clean, and I haven't had a single problem with them being sticky. it's not like the old Vinyl seats that used to be in cars. It's also nicer becuase it's easier to get in and out of the car yourself... clothes don't stick to it. When I wore a skirt in the old car I would always have to spen time "readjusting" after I got in. Not so with the leather seats.

If you can afford it, I would definately choose the leather!

-Renee w/ Chaya (9/01) and TWINS EDD 6/12

opus
03-31-2004, 04:55 AM
Leather. I think the faux leather/vinyl is what gets sticky. Cloth is just too difficult to keep clean.

raynjen
04-01-2004, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the input. We will definitely go with leather then!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)