PDA

View Full Version : Britax Husky - questions

Kathleen
04-03-2004, 04:16 PM
My daughter who turned 5 yesterday is in a Britax Marathon. She's 51.5 lbs. My 2.5 year old son is now 39 lbs - so will soon outgrow his FP Safe Embrace Carseat. I'm thinking of getting a Husky for my daughter, and putting my son in the Marathon.

Does the Husky sit up high like the Marathon? I don't think my daughter will like being a lot lower than she's used to (she's already crying at the prospect of giving her carseat to her brother).

I could get two Husky's so they'd both get new and use the Marathon as an extra - but they are SO much money!

TIA,

KC

sarsah
04-03-2004, 11:19 PM
I have both a Britax Husky & a Marathon. The Husky sits lower than the marathon -- more like booster seat height. It's looks kind of like a chair without legs (flat bottom), rather than the way the Marathon looks with it's reclining 'base'.

At 5 years old and over 50 lbs., your daughter is probably old enough and big enough to go into a regular booster seat if you'd rather go that route and save some money.

I really like the Husky, except for the fact that it is huge and heavy. We have a Honda Odyssey mini-van, so its size isn't a big deal. The Husky is not a seat you'll want to be taking out and moving around alot -- it's just too big. When we travel or ride in someone else's car, we use a Graco TurboBooster for my very tall almost 4 year old.

Sarah........mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)