PDA

View Full Version : Need seat recommendations for 2003/later Ford Expedition

CAjanet
04-07-2004, 02:41 AM
I currently have a Britax Advantage for my 2.5 y.o.son installed in the middle seat. Problem is - because of the (Expedition)seat construction - the tether rides higher on one side of the seat back and thus makes the Britax slightly "tilted" to one side. Has anyone experienced this w/the middle seat in this SUV? Should I move the Britax to the passenger/driver side? I like having him in the middle, but I'm not happy w/the way the Britax fits. It's time to purchase a new car seat - any recommendations for a one w/a good fit in this SUV? Thanks!

Janet

Joolsplus2
04-07-2004, 05:17 PM
I would rather have him a little tilted in the middle, as long as the seat is well-installed otherwise, than outboard and straight up and down :)
You can check www.carseatdata.org to see if others have any seats that work or don't in this car.
That seat won't be outgrown, by the way, till he's 40 pounds OR his shoulders are just above the top harness "slot"/position OR the tips of his ears are at the top of the seatback. 2.5 isn't unheard of for outgrowing that seat, but generally kids tend to make it to 3 or 4 in it, following those guidelines. There are seats with taller harness slots, if he's getting tall, or seats with higher harness weight limits, if he's just getting big (most kids are safest when harnessed to age 4 or longer, and 40 pounds or more if the seat allows it, just for what that's worth).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx