PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Triumph

RR
04-24-2004, 10:53 AM
Hi. My daughter is almost 13 months old and weighs about 28 lbs. We have the Evenflo Triumph convertible seat. When she turned 1, we turned the seat to forward-facing and put the shoulder straps through the highest slots, as Evenflo recommends. My problem is, the seat is now extremely snug on her. I've adjusted the straps as far as they will go, and she barely fits into it. Could there be a defect in the seat, or does this sound about right to you? My daughter is about 31" long. She's big for her age, but not THAT big.
Also, if I do have to get a new seat, I'm considering the Britzx Marathon. Does that sound like a god option, or should I just get her a booster seat?
Thanks in advance for your input.

jbrandy
04-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Hello,
We also have an Evenflo Triumph. My son will be 13 months next week and the exact same size as your daughter. We haven't had any problems. I have it in the front position, in the top slots and still have plenty of room to adjust the straps. I'm thinking you have to have a defective seat. I can turn the knobs on the side and get lots more room in the straps yet.

In comparison to my mom's seat (graco) and my MIL's seat (Evenflo victory) the triumph is fabulous. I love the knobs to adjust on the side. I hear fabulous things about any of the britax seats but they're pricey.

I think I would recommend that you call evenflo and see what they say. It sounds like we have the same seat and the same size/age child and we have not experienced those problems. I hope you get it straightened out. Nothing like having an uncomfortable 1 year old in the car.

Best wishes to you,
Beth

Mom to Evan 4-4-03