PDA

View Full Version : Graco Comfort Sport vs. Graco Ultra Cargo Booster

juls
05-05-2004, 08:27 PM
I'm looking for a second car seat for my 2yo (28lbs, avg height). I don't want to spend a lot of money but safety is of importance. I think I have narrowed it down to the Graco comfort Sport and the Graco Ultra Cargo Booster. Both seem to run about $80 but the Comfort Sport only goes up to 40lbs and the Ultra Cargo Booster goes from 20lb to 100lbs. Why wouldn't I want to get the Ultra Cargo Booster? Is it less safe in crashes? I had purchased the Evenflo Titan (based on CR & cost) but the posts on here and user reviews have convinced me to return it.

Thanks.

Joolsplus2
05-05-2004, 10:56 PM
I wouldn't get the ComfortSport unless you happen to have a younger child that needs the seat for rearfacing. I think the Cargo is a better choice (Or the Evenflo Chase, if it fits your car and your child better). Though I wouldn't expect it to last the full 100 pounds...the harness goes to 40, and then it will probably fit, heightwise, as a booster till age 7 or 8...which is like 50-60 pounds for most kids, then you will need another booster, but that can be a $15 backless model, so no big expense there :)

Anyway, the Ultra Cargo or Chase are both great choices, with high top harness slots and front harness adjusters (though they are really different)...so I'd probably go with one of those.

Hope that helps a little!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx