PDA

View Full Version : Star Riser or Bodyguard?

katie215
05-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Which is a better seat the Star Riser Comfy or the Bodyguard? I have a four year old who is 45 inches and 45 pounds. I have only used Britax in the past and have been very happy.

Joolsplus2
05-09-2004, 05:48 PM
I've had both, and we personally prefer the Bodyguard. I like the side impact protection, the better sleep support, and the feeling of security the solid sides give us. That said, we also liked the Starriser Comfy...it was lighter, the back is removable, and it's a very high quality seat. It's difficult to adjust the back height, though...while that's not something you do every day, it's still notably annoying. Some people find the arm lockoffs a pain on the BG, too, but my son can do them himself (he's 6.5 and we've had the seat a year), and with a 4-yo you might like the added security of them.

A cps tech/mom friend of mine made this page, here's some comparison shots and also other pages that might be of interest to you http://pages.ivillage.com/momika/carseatphotos/id29.html

Of course, trying them out in person would be best, so if you can, that's a good idea.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

masetane
05-14-2004, 11:19 PM
My daughter just about freaked in teh Bodyguard because of the wings so I have a star riser and a graco turbo booster in my mothers car. She's really happy in both. She is 36 pounds I think and about 40+ inches. In the car that I use everyday I have her in a Marathon. Everyone raves about the Bodyguard but I am glad I put her in it before buying. The way the wings are angled hit her in the neck (even salesperson at Buy Buy Baby said it was a bad fit for her)and she was leaning out of it anyway to look around. How safe are the wings if your kid is like mine and would be leaning out of it all the time to see out the window....Hope you can try it out as it does come as one of the top rated..
caroline