PDA

View Full Version : Graco Turbo Booster ??

slewisaz
06-14-2004, 03:57 AM
Hi, I'm looking for opinions on using a Graco Turbo Booster with my 3 yr + 4 month old DS, 40 1/2", 37 lbs. Here's the situation:

DS has handed down his Britax Roundabouts to his baby brother and upgraded to Huskys in our cars. He spends the night at his grandparents' house once or twice a month, so they (and we!) like having a car seat for him so we don't have to give them one of ours. We don't really want the size or expense of the Husky for the grandparents, but we do want something safe. We found the Turbo Booster at our Costco recently for a heck of a deal! Assuming that DS will sit "maturely" in a booster, would the TB be a good choice for him?

And a related question: Since boosters aren't strapped into the car themselves, would the grandparents have to store the TB in their trunk or garage when DS isn't riding?

Thanks so much!

Suzanne, mom to
Jack 2/3/01 & Nicholas 12/3/03

murphydog77
06-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Hi Suzanne. I think that sounds like a fine plan. I wouldn't recommend it for every day use, since he's not 40 lbs. yet, but for occasional use, it's OK. Remember that since he isn't the 40 lbs. yet, he must still have the back on the TB.

If the grandparents don't want to keep the TB in their car (buckled in), then they should store it elsewhere.

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.carseatsite.com

slewisaz
06-15-2004, 07:24 PM
Heather,

That answers my question perfectly. Thank you!

And from what I read of the Turbo Booster on these boards, it sounds like a good booster. Although I forgot that some are backless. I had assumed all posts were regarding the TB with a back, which ours is.

Thanks again for your help! You car seat techs always steer us in the right direction!! =)

Suzanne, mom to
Jack 2/3/01 & Nicholas 12/3/03