PDA

View Full Version : Combo booster question

catherinejs
06-17-2004, 12:24 PM
Hi all,
I'm planning ahead a bit here. My DS will be 3 in two weeks. He is 33 lbs and tall. He is almost too tall (at the shoulder straps) for his RA -- just a bit of space left there. I had planned to buy him a MA for our car and a Graco Platinum Cargo for Grandma's car, but while doing the research I started wondering if the MA is really the best choice. Now I'm thinking to just get two Cargos, but I wanted to check with the experts. I am willing to pay for him to be as safe as possible (just not able to pay for two MA's, lol). I want him in a harness for a good while longer -- this is an active and curious kid. I also love our RA, how easy it is to use and install rock-solid in our Lexus RX-300, and am a bit hesitant to leave Britax behind when it has worked so well for us. BUT if there's no real benefit to paying the extra $170 or so, I should save myself the marital strife! I do remove the seat once a month or so for cleaning, etc., so a fairly easy install is nice. Any advice? Thanks so much!

Momof3Labs
06-17-2004, 10:40 PM
How 'bout this - you can get a Marathon for about $200 shipped at www.babyage.com using coupon code flamingo (extra 10% off, expires 6/28), plus money back if you go through ebates! So the price difference is much smaller than $170.

My DS is quite tall, too, and outgrowing his RAs, so I'm in the middle of a similar decision (and can't bring myself to like the looks of Graco CarGo after getting used to Britax)...