PDA

View Full Version : Was in a crash, need some help.

tilly2321
06-18-2004, 02:57 PM
OK, so we were just in a crash and everyone is fine. We were hit on he front bumper on the passenger side. I called my car seat teach and she said that there are some new recommendations for replacing car seats (don't worry, we are using a replacement temporarily) and that they all don't need to be replaced anymore. We were going about 30 mph and my son was in the middle in a marathon. He didn't even flinch. We are receiving money for a replacement in the mail anyday now, so my question is: Do I get a Husky insead? (My DS just turned two and is about 35 pounds and 38 inches tall) and can I use this seat as second seat for my husband's car. I would hate to just throw away a perfectly good seat that is so expensive, but I have no way of knowing if it is OK or not. Does anyone know the "new" rules that my car seat tech is speaking of?
Thanks,
Elle

Joolsplus2
06-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Ok, here's the html form of the NHTSA recommendations (faster than pdf, just looks funny)http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:3Naf7GCe6GwJ:www.cincinnatichildren s.org/NR/rdonlyres/827383D9-F3B4-42F5-B7BF-F912116A3AE2/0/nhtsareplace.pdf+nhtsa+car+seat+crash+replacement&hl=en

And it would be best to contact Britax on monday and ask them. It sounds to me like they will say don't worry, but honestly it's up to them. If they say not to worry, and you get insurance money anyway, then why not get a Husky with the funds? It's a great seat, and you'll get a LOT of use out of it. And if they do say to replace it, ask them about their crashed restraint exchange program...they might want this one and would send you a new one.

So, all in all, I'm glad you weren't hurt and it seems like you have a good prognosis for getting your seats taken care of (worse comes to worst, you can sell your MA cover on ebay for a few bucks after you trash the rest of the seat, lol)
:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx