PDA

View Full Version : A 2yr 9mo. old that is 38inc tall and 41lbs

Terri70
06-25-2004, 06:38 PM
As you see I have a big girl on my hands, she doesn't look it but she is solid. Anyway, she is in a Britax Roundabout right now, but she is over the weight limit now. I was just going to move her into a booster with a 5 pt. harness, but I've come to realize that the harnesses are only good til 40lbs, and she is already over that. I also have a 6yr old and he is only 49.5lbs, so I have 2 totally different growing kids. He has the Britax Starriser and she rides in it sometimes and does fine. Keeps it over her shoulders and doesn't un buckle it, but I would feel much safer in a 5 pt. harness. I have no idea what to do now? Do I just go ahead and do the booster with the seat belt, or is she really too young for this?

2KMOMMA
06-26-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm thinking if you want to keep her in a harness and you want to spend the money, you could put her in a Britax Marathon. I just got one for my daughter who will be 3 in Sept. I definitely wanted her still in a harness. It will never turn into a booster seat, and you will always use it with the harness--but it goes up to 65 lbs. I forget what the height limit is. I've seen pictures of 5 or 6 yr. old kids still sitting in it though.
K.L.

Joolsplus2
06-28-2004, 08:21 PM
I'd go with the Marathon or Husky...either one should last you a couple of years (really, age 6 with the marathon, age 8-10 for the Husky), till she's really, really ready for a booster (ideally age 4 at least, even older is safer).
They are a bit spendy, I know, but if they are in good condition and uncrashed, they do have great resale value later on, and keeping her harnessed now would be worth it...she's so young!

Good luck,

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mperot
07-01-2004, 11:05 AM
We tried our 2yr, 2mo old son (40 in. and 39lbs) in the Marathon and his shoulders were really constricted, so much so that he had to hunch and round them to fit between the sides of the seat. In fact, his Roundabout seemed to provide more shoulder room than the Marathon. Go figure!?!

He was too tall for the shoulder straps in the Roundabout so we ended up moving him into the Graco Turbobooster. We miss the 5pt harness, but this seems to be working out well for him.

Joolsplus2
07-01-2004, 03:51 PM
Britax offers a free piece of foam that has no foam on the shoulders (they don't need foam anyway, it's for those heads and brains, lol), so kids get up to 2 inches more shoulder space. Anyway, just an FYI for anyone considering the Marathon :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx