PDA

View Full Version : Cosco Summit Height Limit?

slrsmith
06-29-2004, 11:49 PM
Okay, I am "now" aware that my-just-purchased Cosco Summit Combo/Booster seat is low on the top harness (15in) but what does that exactly translate to in toddler height? My dd is 25 mos, 35 1/2 inches, 30lbs. We LOVE her Roundabout but, of course, now need it for dd #2 who is already 26inches at 4 mos and out of her little infant seat :-). Was impressed with the Consumer Rpts rating and also a friend's endorsement, but am now worried about the height issue since dd is tall. I really want to eventually buy the Britax Bodyguard or StarRiser but, of course, want to keep her harnessed for as long as possible. After reading these height issues, I am now simply hoping she could stay in this seat for at least a year or so before moving her to Britax. I had her sit in all the Combo seats at BRU & she said this one was the "comfiest" so that combined with the CR rating made me happy. She's a big car sleeper so the Evenflo Apollo not-good-for-sleeping notes in Toddler Bargains scared me off that seat and dd said the Graco wasn't as "comfy." Help! Really just want to know what her height limit will be in the Summit seat & any additional insights are appreciated -- thank you!!!

DebHgn
06-30-2004, 10:34 AM
It is amazing how so many of us have been agonizing over the very same issues...

Having agonized over this and done lots of research and gotten lots of advice from Julie (thanks Julie!) I am pretty sure that the Summit tops out at 40 inches, just like the Roundabout. I had wanted it for all the reasons you did, but at 39.5" E was right against the limit, so no point for us getting that since we'd be using it as a traditional booster (and like you, I have my eye on the Bodyguard, if we don't go w/ the Wizard for its harness).

But it sounds as if your child still has some inches to go, so you are probably in good shape!