PDA

View Full Version : best booster for small 5 yr. old

cathyl63
07-13-2004, 01:36 PM
I have just purchased the Recarro Start. My daughter is 5, 38#'s, 42". She is in the 3rd row seat of a 2001 Suburban. I am looking for a booster that won't take up too much room, is comfortable, (especially for her back, she complains about back pain when in her Britax roundabout), and is very safe. The Recarro seems to fit all these needs, but she can't fasten the seat belt herself which she will need to do often. Any suggestions out there?

Joolsplus2
07-13-2004, 01:59 PM
It IS quite a long reach for kids to buckle that Recaro, isn't it? My son never did learn how to...
There are lots more seats to choose from. The Jupiter Komfort Kruiser is kind of largish, but it is extremely comfy and has no armrests, so buckling it is simpler.
The Compass B500 is very well padded, and the armrests flip up for easier buckling (it also folds for travel or storage).
The Britax Bodyguard looks hard to buckle, but has never been a problem for my son.
The Graco Turbo is comfy (Some models are more padded than others: Clarke, Kimberton, Flash, and Disney Princesses are all very cushy) and was the first seat my son could buckle (I keep mentioning him, as he's very "carseat challenged"...If he can do it, anyone can, lol).
And the Evenflo Big Kid also has flip up armrests, but the basic model isn't too padded.
Last is the Starriser Comfy...it LOOKS uncomfortable, but even bigger heavier kids find it very comfortable and easy to buckle, so if you see it in the store, don't be concerned it seems strangely flimsy (That's what I thought of it at first, but we owned one and liked it quite well).
Hope that helps a little :) (ask me more about any of them, the KK and Compass are the only ones I haven't owned, but I know people who DO own them ;) )
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx