PDA

View Full Version : Car seat for 16 month old?

jbrandy
07-19-2004, 10:42 PM
Hello, my son will be 16 months in 2 weeks and we need another car seat. We currently have a Evenflo Triumph 5 and love it!! But, I've had to move it from one vehicle to another a good bit in the last weeks and it's been a pain to move. My son will reach the height limit on this seat before he reaches the weight limit. He's currently about 25 lbs and is 34.5 inches tall. I don't want to buy the same seat as we likely grow out of it in the next year or so. Does anyone have a car seat recommendation. I would assume a convertable would probably be the best solution. There seems to be mixed reviews on many of the seats.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Beth B
Evan 4-04

Joolsplus2
07-20-2004, 11:22 AM
I think maybe you mean a "combination" seat would be best? One that goes from 20-40 pounds with the harness, and after 40 pounds can be used as a booster?
I know the Graco Ultra and Platinum Cargos don't get stellar reviews when used as a booster, but as a harnessed seat (which is how you would be using it for several years, anyway), it's about the nicest out there for that age child. The Evenflo Chase is nice, but is often hard to tighten the harness enough for a smaller child, and isn't as great for sleep support. If you love any of the Cosco/Eddie Bauer seats, that's fine, but be aware the harness slots are the same height as your Triumph, so you won't be able to harness any longer in them (if he is shorter and heavier in stature, it won't matter, though, but if he's a string bean, you might want to avoid these seats altogether).

Hope that helps a little, there are lots of other posts with the same question, so I hope I haven't contradicted myself in any way!

:)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

jbrandy
07-20-2004, 01:47 PM
Yes I did mean combination -- sorry. Thanks for the info. I have been looking into the ones you mentioned. I appreciate the information!

Beth