PDA

View Full Version : Graco Platinum CarGo as booster

jmac588
07-30-2004, 03:29 PM
I think I just read that the CarGo works better as a harness seat than as a belt-positioning seat. Is that true and why? Let's assume the child is over 40 pounds so it's not a safety issue.

Thanks!

luvbeinmama
07-31-2004, 01:19 AM
Well, it's a moot point over 40 lbs because you don't use the harness after 40 lbs. I just got this seat for my DD replacing a Summit (the Summit made DS's legs fall asleep, so after an accident I bought a different seat), but she is just getting to 30 lbs and is not really in it yet, she is still RF. BUT in looking at the method of positioning the seat belt, I can see just from looking at it that it will probably be a PITA for the belt to move freely through it when buckling or unbuckling your child. I'm not sure I like that the positioner is sewn onto the seat cover either. And that may be the issue here. I have the TurboBooster for DS and I think as a booster it works fabulously. It is really easy to use. And the positioner is part of the frame, not sewn onto the cover. I'm certainly no expert in this area, but HTH!