PDA

View Full Version : Head support for sleeping in toddler car seats

lchasson
08-05-2004, 06:10 PM
I am looking for a head support for my toddlers' car seats so that they don't slump over when they fall asleep on long drives. I've seen the Toddler Coddler but am looking for other options and feedback from anyone who has used this or a similar product.

Both kids are in Group 2/3 booster-type seats.

Thanks!

Lynn

Joolsplus2
08-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Could you tell me the ages and weights of your kiddos, as well as the brand and model of seats they are in? Some seats are just much, much more sleep supportive than others....
But beyond that, I have looked at the Toddler Coddler myself, and I personally am going to get one for my son (He's in the Britax Husky, which very much lacks sleep support....). It really doesn't interfere with the harness at all, and I can't see, personally, that it would be a bad thing. "Aftermarket products" like this are generally warned against, because of their possible interference with the harness and they may degrade the seat's performance in a crash, but I feel that as long as an parent is educated about this, then it is their choice to make, whether to use the product or not, especially if it's obviously not going to interfere with the harness or seatbelt.
:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

lchasson
08-06-2004, 06:24 PM
The kids are 3 years and 20 months and weigh about 35 lbs and 27 lbs, respectively. The seats are both CAM - a French brand commonly used in Europe (we live in Italy). My daughter is in the Group 3 seat and my son in a Group 2/3. Both of the seats are booster types which hold the kids in using the regular car seatbelt - they do not have their own harnesses.

Hope this helps!

Lynn

Joolsplus2
08-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner!
I really am not sure how this product would work with a booster seat. If it can tie on to the headrest, maybe the shoulderbelt could run underneath it? I wouldn't want to put the shoulderbelt ON it, as it might keep the belt from being safely ON the child's shoulder, and that would be bad.... Sorry, I wish I knew the answer :(
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

lchasson
08-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Thanks for your feedback. I'm surprised I haven't had any other replies - I thought lots of people would have this same problem with their kids!

:)

Yoshi mom
09-10-2004, 09:53 PM
Julie,

I'm also looking for a product like this for my husband's Graco ComfortSport and found some little pillows at BRU that attach to the car seat harness the same way that the Hugs attach to the Marathon harness. Would this be considered as potentially interfering with the fit of the harness?

Thanks for your help!