PDA

View Full Version : Booster Seat Comfort

juliasmom7
08-10-2004, 03:39 PM
We take long trips and I need a soft booster seat. One with more than a 1/8 inch pad. What do you suggest? I love the Kangaroo Downunder booster but I can't seem to find one? Thanks for you help. Ann

Joolsplus2
08-10-2004, 07:17 PM
That one's been discontinued for awhile, I think it became the Teddy/Grizzley bear booster?
One really comfy seat is the Jupiter Komfort Kruiser, it's very ergonomic and there is a model with memory foam. Same with several models of Graco Turbo Booster, the have memory foam in the seat and are VERY cushy (Clarke, Kimberton, and the Princess/ToyStory Models). The Britax Bodyguard is well-enough padded, and has awesome sleep support (my son really loves his, and he's got quite a bony bottom, but never complains, lol) and if you want super-duper top of the line, the Recaro Start is unquestionably the cream of the crop. It's $300, but is built like a high quality office chair, and is highly adjustable, so will fit a child comfortably for a LONG time.
Oh, and the Compass B500 is also a very well padded seat, that has convenient flip up armrests and folds for travel or storage...I was very impressed with the padding when I saw it.
Hope that helps...a little...hopefully you have a higher-end baby store where you can try these out? Walmart and Sears also carry the super-padded Turbos.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx