PDA

View Full Version : Britax Companion

bidpitch
09-05-2004, 03:48 PM
We want to know your opinion on the Britax Companion seat. I know this is a toddler forum, but since I have a preschooler, toddler, and baby on the way this is the one I always read. With a #3 on the way we thought we would invest in the Companion. We already have 2 RA which we will use later on, but like the convenience of transportating the baby by just carrying the whole seat. My toddler has a Marathon and the preschooler has a Bodyguard. We are very pleased with the Britax products and feel they are worth the money for the quality and safety they provide.

Do you think there is a better infant seat than the Companion? What do you think of the Peg Perego ones?

Joolsplus2
09-05-2004, 11:27 PM
If I'm the only one that answers, try clicking the top of the page under "top" and then "baby bargains book" and "places to go: car seats" so you can get more input.
Anyway, I really love the Companion, though I've only played with it a little, I've added it to my huge seat collection by buying a used one from a mom here and having it mailed to a friend of mine due any day with baby #3 (Is that nuts? At least she's appreciative, lol).
It's a heavy seat, owing to it's substantial structure (of course you're familiar with Britaxs' solid construction). Some moms find that very bothersome, the weight, but other appreciate that it's the biggest and longest lasting seat around. (22 lbs and 30", rather than 22 and 29 for some other, or 20 and 26 for most).
Just so you can get an idea of it's size, here's a nice page to look at http://pages.ivillage.com/momika/carseatphotos/id34.html
The Primo Viaggio is nice, but barely seems to last most babies beyond 3-6 months, and that's a lot of money to spend for such a short time (unless you re-sell on ebay? Then it doesn't matter much, really!).
Also look at the baby trend adjustable back infant seat. It's got a 22/29 weight/height limit, and is a very nice seat as well (it even has EPS foam like the Britax and I believe the Peg does).
Hope that helps a little....

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats (Marathon/Husky/Bodyguard, and a few other booster seats, lol)
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx